Slide 1 of 1
Gas cylinder fire in Chinchwad; The accident was averted
A gas leak from a domestic gas cylinder caused the lighter to ignite the grate, causing a sudden fire. Taking into account the situation, the members of the house brought the gas cylinder out of the house. Shortly afterwards, firefighters arrived at the scene and brought the fire under control. The incident took place at Chinchwad.
Members of the household of Shivaji Krishnaji Bhondwe, a resident of Sudarshan Nagar area in Chinchwad area, tried to start the gas stove with a lighter as usual around 8.30 am on Friday. However, as the gas leaked from the cylinder, the fire started as soon as the lighter was lit. Meanwhile, Bhondwe pulled out the burning cylinder by counting the stars. A car parked in the yard of the bungalow also caught fire. Meanwhile, they continued to hit the water and sand on the cylinder. Meanwhile, Babasaheb Bhaldar of Pimpri Chinchwad School Bus Drivers' Association immediately informed the fire brigade. Within minutes, two fire trucks arrived at the scene. Firefighters Santosh Sorte, Shivla Zankar, Datta Rokade, Vikas Bongale, Sham Ingavale and Pankaj Yedke managed to control the blaze in a short time.